How to tell me you don't get the story's intent without outright telling me you don't get the story's intent.

Kamelion

Kamelion at it again with his bizarre misunderstandings of Doctor Who stories, this time the latest 5DA release.
1643989434603-png.301

Ah here we go, Dan The Man, you just figured it out. THIS is where reviews should be debated as opposed to on The Time Scales itself. The Time Scales has always lacked a proper follow up venue where reviews can be openly even hotly debated, and that is exactly what this forum is for.

Now, while you do not cite anything at all to back up your claim that I have "bizarre misunderstandings of Doctor Who stories", let me cite something that you apparently do not have a full understanding of.

The Time Scales has a code of conduct.

Outpost Gallifrey does not.

So let's take a quick peek at your latest review here which just so happens to reference me in about 90% of it's content.

https://thetimescales.com/Story/story.php?audioid=7876

Untitled.png
Have you read this by any chance?

This is the Time Scales code of conduct:

https://thetimescales.com/code-of-conduct/

Of particular note
  • Bullying of other members is not allowed in any way, shape or form. If you cannot be respectful towards other people and/or your review contains offensive wording or attacks on other members, your account may be purged. Bullying of other Doctor Who fans has been commonplace on some of the largest Internet forums for many years and it will no longer be tolerated in 2021 and beyond."

Just a heads up for you. I don't enforce the rules on The Time Scales but as a kind gesture I do believe you are treading a thin line there. I'm not reporting your review BTW.

I'm actually listening to an audio story right now and decided to take a break and thought it would be a courtesy to point this out to you.

No, I do not find Doctor Who stories with plots such as "They killed my daughters!" to be entertaining. God of War is a poorly written story plain and simple.

I will actually get back to you as soon as I have more time, as I somewhat understand your point of view, even if you didn't elaborate, at all.

Kamelion

Ah here we go, Dan The Man, you just figured it out. THIS is where reviews should be debated as opposed to on The Time Scales itself. The Time Scales has always lacked a proper follow up venue where reviews can be openly even hotly debated, and that is exactly what this forum is for.

Now, while you do not cite anything at all to back up your claim that I have "bizarre misunderstandings of Doctor Who stories", let me cite something that you apparently do not have a full understanding of.

The Time Scales has a code of conduct.

Outpost Gallifrey does not.

So let's take a quick peek at your latest review here which just so happens to reference me in about 90% of it's content.

https://thetimescales.com/Story/story.php?audioid=7876

View attachment 304
Have you read this by any chance?

This is the Time Scales code of conduct:

https://thetimescales.com/code-of-conduct/

Of particular note
  • Bullying of other members is not allowed in any way, shape or form. If you cannot be respectful towards other people and/or your review contains offensive wording or attacks on other members, your account may be purged. Bullying of other Doctor Who fans has been commonplace on some of the largest Internet forums for many years and it will no longer be tolerated in 2021 and beyond."

Just a heads up for you. I don't enforce the rules on The Time Scales but as a kind gesture I do believe you are treading a thin line there. I'm not reporting your review BTW.

I'm actually listening to an audio story right now and decided to take a break and thought it would be a courtesy to point this out to you.

No, I do not find Doctor Who stories with plots such as "They killed my daughters!" to be entertaining. God of War is a poorly written story plain and simple.

I will actually get back to you as soon as I have more time, as I somewhat understand your point of view, even if you didn't elaborate, at all.

Kamelion
I've said far worse things about you on TimeScales and yet they are all still standing. Also seems that the majority of TheTimeScales would agree with my statements also...

Oh you do have an utterly bizarre misunderstanding of Doctor Who stories; especially the ones that attempt to challenge your own twisted thoughts, force you to attribute some sort of brainpower to understand their themes or plots, literally any story that deals with mature subject matters in a serious way, being upset that Sci-Fi expanded media would even attempt to take any stance that you are opposed to, any story that isn't a comedy. I could go on for a while.

I also know you don't have a clear cut understanding of the TimeScales Code of Conduct, insert your narcissistic and utterly shameless attempt at bullying John Dorney for daring to write a great story with deaths that you find distasteful but yet you constantly contradict saying you love a good beheading (ergo The Wrath of the Iceni and Interface).

If a Doctor Who story tackling a mature theme with a strong cast, script and production (God of War) is what you define as a bad story then I'd hate to see what you'd classify as a terrible one. Doctor Who is usually at its worst when it goes down the comedy route, the 'escapism' rebute can only get you so far, entertainment has an inherent ability to challenge you and if you can't stand that, maybe quit reviewing.