Doctor Who News News

The One

Administrator
Hello folks and happy summer!

We are not going to go into the whole history of Outpost Gallifrey right here and now, yet what some people have been missing is the news feed.

Last summer when Outpost Gallifrey opened again for the first time in eleven years, it quickly became the #1 Doctor Who news site according to Google statistics with over 45000 unique users per day for several months in a row. This was not without a dedicated group of supporters all over the world. That very staff will be returning here, but the news is not going to be reported by just them. It will now be reported by you.

Even the most dedicated staff of a dozen can not compare to the Doctor Who news that is out there and that is where you now come into play.

Please try to keep news topics within the last 30 days and the more details the better.

Welcome to the first ever Doctor Who public NEWS site, right here on Outpost Gallifrey.

-TheOne

The One

Administrator
July already?

I do have an update on the Outpost Gallifrey News segment here. Four of the original reporters are back. A great group of people from the UK, US, Australia and Japan. Outpost Gallifrey, when it returned 11 years later was pretty savage cutting edge news, and while it's on break it would have been reporting things like the new Evil of the Daleks animation press releases.

Thank you to readers for being patient while we finish the site. It is my understanding that all news stories are being restored and that there is a data feed error.

Isn't that just how it goes?

The One

Administrator
Kamelion, the date feed error is occurring when importing the previous Outpost Gallifrey news feed. Almost 100% of new Doctor Who News in 2021 is on Twitter. Do people really use websites anymore for new news?

Kamelion

I do not know the answer to that. When Outpost Gallifrey returned it was a 100% news site, just like when it started way back when. Twitter didn't exist back then so I would have to guess that yes, a large percentage of people get Doctor Who news on Twitter now. Next decade it will be something different that people either have not heard of yet or it hasn't been created yet.

I would say that the value in Doctor Who news on a conventional webpage is still there.

An added value of having News posted here is in that it will / would provide a forum for people to actually interact with news. Like in the unlikely cases that something is not correct. I had historically read DoctorWhoNews.com for decades, but there are a few problems with that. The first being that it is run by a bully, Steve Hill, the second that it is apparently being run as a fake non-profit (again, Steve Hill), and third but not least, when news stories are wrong or inaccurate there is no way to dispute them as it's just a post only web page.

I would suggest that if the date feed error ca not be fixed, just upload all of the older news anyway and let it pick up from there?

-K-

The One

Administrator
I have confirmed that the inability to import the older "New Outpost Gallifrey" news feed is due to an incompatibility issue with the forum software. So it's going to take longer to restore the older posts. To prevent a delay, news reporters (and all OG members) may now begin to post news again and we will restore the older news feed under an archived forum at a later date.

Thank you for your patience.

Mary

Kamelion

I have confirmed that the inability to import the older "New Outpost Gallifrey" news feed is due to an incompatibility issue with the forum software. So it's going to take longer to restore the older posts. To prevent a delay, news reporters (and all OG members) may now begin to post news again and we will restore the older news feed under an archived forum at a later date.

Thank you for your patience.

Mary
Very well, that's all I needed to hear. Will resume with posting new news.

Kamelion