Has Big Finish banned Russell T Davies as part of the John Barrowman scandal?

Kamelion

By now in June of 2021 anyone that follows Doctor Who current events should be aware that the BBC has 'banned' John Barrowman for activity on the sets of Doctor Who and Torchwood about a decade ago which involved exposing his penis multiple times. For some odd reason, even while the BBC clearly allowed this activity back then, in May of 2021 they decided to harass Mr. Barrowman by removing Captain Jack from the Time Fracture event and even put pressure on their license holders such as Big Finish to fail to release Torchwood #50 that consumers had already paid for.

Who was the boss? Russell T. Davies. Good 'ol RTD was the showrunner back then and apparently he failed to stop John from slapping out his schlong with spontaneity. And it looks like that oversight might just have some consequences as well, when the big bully hammer of BBC slams down.

Originally scheduled for a June 2021 release, the 'lost story' by Russell T. Davies now shows on the Big Finish website as "TBA".

Mind of the Hodiac has been delayed until further notice;

large (8).jpg

Mind of the Hodiac - Delayed - Right there on the Big Finish website.

Has BBC accepted responsibility or have they tossed-off (no pun intended) the blame for John Barrowman's penis exposure to the proper parties involved such as show runner Russell T. Davis? It does look entirely possible.

Last edited:

Kamelion

Actually the release date when Big Finish announced this for pre-order was June 2021. So like often they took a bunch of peoples money and then changed the release date. Typical of Big Finish. I am surprised that the BBC allows that kind of activity.

Actually the release date when Big Finish announced this for pre-order was June 2021. So like often they took a bunch of peoples money and then changed the release date. Typical of Big Finish. I am surprised that the BBC allows that kind of activity.
They didn't announce a release month when they announced the story https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/it-s-all-in-the-mind-of-the-hodiac I also doubt they'd be allowing people to pre order still if they'd cancelled it too

The lack of a release date when it was announced is why I've not pre-ordered it yet. They were likely just waiting for one of the actors to (safely) available to start recording it, hence no release date.

Kamelion

When the announcement was made the website very clearly showed a release date of June 2021, when Big Finish collected money from people on that false promise.

When the announcement was made the website very clearly showed a release date of June 2021, when Big Finish collected money from people on that false promise.
That's not true though, I went to pre-order it the day it was announced and the date was TBA then too. It's likely they haven't or have only just started recording it due to Bonnie Langford's availability during the lockdown, she's not done any audios during lockdown so probably wasn't able to record from home and wasn't close enough to the studios to be allowed to travel there to record

Kamelion

When Big Finish announced it for pre-order their website did in fact show a release date of June 2021. So they conned people, again.

When Big Finish announced it for pre-order their website did in fact show a release date of June 2021. So they conned people, again.
Not when I went to pre-order it the day it was announced it didn't and the news article about the release doesn't mention a release date either. Also IF it had been cancelled like you seem to think they'd have announced it, wouldn't be allowing pre orders still, would have removed the page and would be offering refunds like they did with Absent Friends. What you are talking about it's purely speculation based on rumours.

I'm assuming it'll be out later this year, think this is just another recording that was delayed because of COVID, that's what I'm guessing until I hear otherwise